Tales from the Roaring Dragon Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Zach (Later that night, private)

Go down

Looking for Zach (Later that night, private) Empty Looking for Zach (Later that night, private)

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:09 am

The knowledge that the group traveled with a drow had been left to dance around her mind all afternoon. So many things made so much sudden sense, the suspicious looks, the strange way of acting, and the change in skin color. Illana understood privacy but her curiosity got the better of her. As she seemed to be the one of the group that didn't know, she waited for a time to speak to Zach alone. At some point she'd spy him by himself and tentatively approached. "May I join you?"

Years of living with her father had taught her how to be humble and submissive. The girl's head was bowed just slightly and she made certain that there was no chance of him misconstruing her body language for anything threatening.

Back to top Go down

Looking for Zach (Later that night, private) Empty Re: Looking for Zach (Later that night, private)

Post by Zach Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Having decided that perhaps it was best not to use just rations while in town - and still wishing to keep an eye out for the opportunity to rob the more greedy owner of this place - Zach came in for supper. He acquired some stew and bread, but no drink, and sat down. Illana's approach earned a forced smile of sorts, though his interest in eating seemed diminished. "I suppose. Yes, if you must..."
Zach
Zach

Back to top Go down

Looking for Zach (Later that night, private) Empty Re: Looking for Zach (Later that night, private)

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:48 pm

It was hard not to notice how forced the smile was. Illana had grown up in a society that looked down on her based on sight alone. To thrive in that culture she'd learned to look beyond the niceties of social etiquette to see genuine friendliness. So many things about the man made sense now that she knew about his heritage.

"I don't have to linger over long. I just wanted to discuss something with you." Keeping her tone genuinely humble, she moved to sit in the chair next to him. Illana was mindful of his personal space, however, and made certain that she didn't inappropriately invade.

"I was told what occurred in my absence. The things you admitted and the way that Corian reacted. I understand even more now why you don't see a reason to trust me and I'm not going to try to convince you that you should. I just wanted to apologize if I have unknowingly said or done something to make you uncomfortable. I wanted to know what I can do to make certain I don't make those mistakes in the future." Though there was no formal question, it was clear that she was looking for direction rather than advice. The entirety of her posture suggested a submission that was waiting to be pointed in the right direction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zach Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:55 pm

A long hard stare met the somewhat rambling words that she brought. Though the drow had food in front of him now his hands were nowhere near it, and instead one rested on top of the opposite arm's elbow. "Very well... you want to help? Don't go near my food, keep your clumsy weapon away from me, and go convince your father you aren't a spy. You haven't proven yourself like the other females."
Zach
Zach

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:23 am

The paranoia inherent in the man's actions were noticed but not resented. Illana kept her head bowed as the man told her what she ought to do. When he told her not to go near his food, she nodded and slid back a few inches. "Yes sir. Thank you for answering me. May I go now?" It was worrying that her father might assume that she was a spy, but she was used to having to prove herself and didn't balk from the work ahead of her.

Drow or not, Zach was still a full blooded elf. That meant he was better than her and that she ought to show him deference. Her father had taught her that much. The way that she interacted with Zach, now that she knew, made it clear that she understood her place in the grand scheme of things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zach Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:53 pm

Something akin to pity flashed across his expression, though it was gone as soon as it had appeared. "If you wish... I have made my requests of you." Slowly he reached for his food, taking up the hunk of bread and dipping it into his stew. "I am not your keeper. You are free to act as you wish. Or as free as your father lets you be. Oh, and one more thing." Further contemplation on her father seemed to bring something to mind for Zach "Convince him I haven't bedded you. He seemed convinced we had been intimate." The drow shook his head at the preposterous nature of the idea.
Zach
Zach

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:21 pm

Pity was such a common emotion for her to see in the eyes of others but still it made her feel an uncomfortable mix of emotions. This was not how she'd imagined her first meeting with one of the Drow would go. Zach at least understood her place and who she was beholden to. There was something about that which made her feel a semblance of gratitude towards him.

His added request earned a wide eyed stare. Illana's cheeks turned red and she shook her head swiftly. "Of course. I'm sorry for that. He must think.." The girl shook her head banishing the thought. "It doesn't matter. I'll make sure to make it right. I'm sorry. The misconception is entirely my fault and I'll make sure he understands that." Illana was quick to apologize for a thing that she hadn't actually had a hand in causing and quick to ensure her father's good name by taking the blame on herself. It didn't even seem to bristle her to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down