Tales from the Roaring Dragon Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enjoying the Night (Open)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Enjoying the Night (Open) Empty Enjoying the Night (Open)

Post by Avari Nighthawk Sun May 11, 2014 8:10 pm

After the fight with the goblins, and being welcomed into a new family. Avari makes her way down stairs. Currently dressed in a long green dress, her long red hair flowing down along her shoulders with some in the back. She wanted to get out of her hunting outfit, and into something a bit more comfortable. Her baby blue eyes shines brightly while she took in the people around her. It most certainly been a long couple of past few days, and now she was ready to do nothing more than to drink, and be merry.

Making her way up to the bar, she awaits for a barmaid to be away from a customer before ordering herself a elven wine.
Avari Nighthawk
Avari Nighthawk

Back to top Go down

Enjoying the Night (Open) Empty Re: Enjoying the Night (Open)

Post by Salem Blackthorne Mon May 12, 2014 6:16 pm

The Captain made his way up the muddy street from checking on Violet at the temple, and came to a stop in front of the company's favored establishment. He shook off the frigid rain before entering the warm tavern. He have the room a quick but thorough can before he hung up his cloak to dry, and strode across the main room to the bar. After a nod to Avari he leaned against the wood of the counter, and started packing the bowl of his long cherry-wood pipe, and he waited patiently for service. He struck a match against his axe's handle, and sparked the plug of pipeweed. After a few puffs and an impressive smoke ring he turned to the company's newest member.

"How do you do, Ms Nighthawk?"
Salem Blackthorne
Salem Blackthorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Avari Nighthawk Mon May 12, 2014 6:32 pm

Looking over to see the captain, she gave a polite smile before looking forward. He was one of the few she has trust with, along with Harrison. Hoping only it'll stay that way. "I am well, how about you Mr. Blackthorne." She claps in front of her on the counter. Turning her blue eyes back towards him,she awaits for an answer. When the servant finally returned with her drink, she sets down the money for it before taking a sip from it. Her mind was racing with thoughts of what might go on now that she was part of a group.
Avari Nighthawk
Avari Nighthawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Salem Blackthorne Tue May 13, 2014 4:34 pm

Salem adjusted the pipe-stem between his lips to lesson its impact on his speech.

"Captain will do, or just Salem. I've never been known as a Mister."

He exhaled twin swirls of smoke through his nostrils, that climbed up like dancing dragon tails.

"I'll be better when everyone is up and walkin', but for the most part I am fine."

Once he had his mug of stout, he motioned towards what was now the company's usual table by the fire.

"I hope Milbourne is to your liking. It is our temporary base of operations.We have worked on building a good relationship with the people that call this town home."
Salem Blackthorne
Salem Blackthorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Avari Nighthawk Tue May 13, 2014 4:44 pm

She thought about it for a moment as her eyes scanned the area around her.
"I actually like it here, it's a nice place to rest up, or stop by in between areas."
She shrugs her shoulders a bit while looking down at her glass of wine.
"I am sure everyone will be up, and running."
Smiles slightly at him.
"How is she doing?"
Avari Nighthawk
Avari Nighthawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Salem Blackthorne Thu May 15, 2014 4:09 pm

Salem pushed off the bar, and walked over to the table. He pulled out a chair for Avari before sitting in his own across from the fire. He took another puff from his pipe, and washed it back with a pull from his mug.

"Violet is a resilient one, and should be on her feet any time now."

He regarded her with a straight face for a moment before letting his gaze slide to the flames.
"Good to hear this place suits you. Like I said, for the time being we run the company out of here. Even have some commissions with the blacksmith. The General goods has a better selection too."
Salem Blackthorne
Salem Blackthorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Avari Nighthawk Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:01 am

Taking a seat in the chair he pulls out, a warm smile crosses her lips while thanking him before pulling the chair closer to the table.
"I am glad to know she will be on her feet within no time."
Nodding her head, she began to make a mental note to check out the General Goods store before the day ends.
"I will check out the General Goods store then, either today or tomorrow."
Avari Nighthawk
Avari Nighthawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Salem Blackthorne Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:31 am

Salem nodded as he continued to take drags from his pipe. He let the smoke curl out of his nose slowly, and only smoke when the last tendrils danced above his head.

"If you'd like, you should tell me about yourself. A little more than the cursory introduction that you've given the company at any rate."

He sipped from his mug as he waited for her to respond.
Salem Blackthorne
Salem Blackthorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Avari Nighthawk Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:38 am

She bits on her lower lip, remembering well what he meant before shaking her head.
"I am from the woods eat of here. Born into the Wood Elf tribe, always wanting to adventure outside of the woods. Since I was a little girl, I trained everyday with how to use a bow and arrow, while I would day dream of adventuring on my own. Making money, saving people, and just get a taste of the outside world. One day, I took the leap and head into a town not to far from here. Stayed in a room at an Inn, that was soon inhabit by the Grey Elf Eldan who drunkenly came into my own. For a good hour or two, we fought over who paid for the room." Shakes her head. "I ended up falling for the guy, as he promised me he would stay and one day marry me..."She looks down for a moment. "A week later he left, leaving behind the bow."She points at the bow on her back. "I ended up getting pregnant with his child that soon after lost from child birth." She looks up towards the Captain. "Now years later, I once more adventure outside of the woods, met you guys, and rescued the man who broke my heart."
She looks forward.
"Not much to tell about me."
Shrugs.
Avari Nighthawk
Avari Nighthawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Salem Blackthorne Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:53 am

Salem raised a brow as he packed the bowl of his pipe once more.

"That's quite the story you have there. I will say you don't seem to be our good Wizard's usual taste, but I have no cause to doubt you. I am sorry for your broken heart in any case."

He paused long enough to spark the pipeweed, and to inhale deeply.
"I certainly hope your past with Eldan won't effect your dealings in the company. Will that be a problem? Think good and hard before answering, so you are sure of your words."
Salem Blackthorne
Salem Blackthorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Avari Nighthawk Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:57 am

Looking towards the Captain, he asked a simple question that causes her to look down to think long and hard on. A question that he has the right to ask.
"They will not effect me, it was years ago, and now they need to be mended."
She smiles slightly before shaking her head.
"I really do not want to know what his usual types are."
Avari Nighthawk
Avari Nighthawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Salem Blackthorne Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:07 pm

Salem shook his head.

"No I suppose you wouldn't."

He drained his mug, and stood to go to the bar to get it refilled. He waited patiently for the barkeep to pour the stout, but kept his back to their table. It was a long moment before he turned around to return.
Salem Blackthorne
Salem Blackthorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldan'rythi Lorekeeper Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:16 pm

Eldan strode down the stairs from his personal room with book in hand, and the smell of Juniper and Vanilla trailing behind him. His ears had picked up some of the conversation but he thought it best to pretend he heard nothing. His dalliances with the Round ears was not a topic worth repeating. Seeing Avari however made pause...their last conversation had left feeling terrible. Making his way to the table, he steeled himself. If she was going to be part of the Company he had deal with what ever was between them and move past it.

"Avari." He said curtly as he sat down.
Eldan'rythi Lorekeeper
Eldan'rythi Lorekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Avari Nighthawk Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:19 pm

Seeing Eldan, a warm smile crosses her lips, wanting to move past and it shows well.
"Eldan."
She spoke with warm voice before looking towards the Captain as he takes a seat.
"It's good to see you again."
Avari Nighthawk
Avari Nighthawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Salem Blackthorne Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:26 pm

Salem pause when he saw the grey elf make his way to the table, but decided he could endure any awkwardness for the sake of making sure his companions getting through their issues. He made his way back to his chair, and gave Eldan a nod of greeting before sitting. He leaned back and observed the two elves' interaction as he sipped his stout.
Salem Blackthorne
Salem Blackthorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldan'rythi Lorekeeper Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:36 pm

"It is...good to see you as well." Eldan was sincere and smiling at something that wasn't money or prestige. While usually good at talking he found himself without many words.
Eldan'rythi Lorekeeper
Eldan'rythi Lorekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Avari Nighthawk Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:38 pm

She smiles before pushing the chair back "if you will excuse me for a moment."She makes her way to the bar and orders a glass of water, allowing a breath to escape from her mouth.
Avari Nighthawk
Avari Nighthawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Salem Blackthorne Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Salem watch the wood elf walk to the bar before turning to look at the wizard.

"So far so good." he said gesturing back to Avari.

"How is everything else? Handling drawing your own bath water well enough yet?" he said with a chuckle.
Salem Blackthorne
Salem Blackthorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldan'rythi Lorekeeper Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:17 pm

"I could still use a new assistant but given the circumstances, I will have to labor for my own needs." Eldan shook his head. "She...what I did to her...I never..." He sigh and clammed up. It was an instance that he hadn't thought about in years.
Eldan'rythi Lorekeeper
Eldan'rythi Lorekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Avari Nighthawk Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:22 pm

Once her water is handed to her, Eve makes her way back to the table, and sits back down. "I never what?" She ask just getting part of what Eldan had said.
Avari Nighthawk
Avari Nighthawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Salem Blackthorne Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:42 pm

Salem was pleasantly surprised by the usually well hidden sincerity and compassion in his companion. He was about to speak when Avari returned, but instead took a drag from his pipe.
Salem Blackthorne
Salem Blackthorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldan'rythi Lorekeeper Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:52 pm

"I never meant to leave. I was called away, I had my duty to the King of Silverymoon. I was a drunken mess that night but those days we shared together all those years ago. I meant that." He looked at her and sighed. "You can still keep that bow."
Eldan'rythi Lorekeeper
Eldan'rythi Lorekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Avari Nighthawk Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:56 pm

She smiles warmly while shaking her head. "No it's fine...I mean..I think I've gotten all of my anger out yesterday. It's past me now, and I really wish to look to see what the future has in-store for us today. Thank you for the bow."
Avari Nighthawk
Avari Nighthawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Salem Blackthorne Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:04 pm

Something of a smile crossed Salem's lips.
"Glad things are working out." he said before taking another sip.

He said no more for the moment, leaving the reins of the conversation to the former lovers. He let his mind wonder to his own thoughts for a second before returning to his observations.
Salem Blackthorne
Salem Blackthorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldan'rythi Lorekeeper Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:41 pm

There was a wash of relief, that came over his shoulders. His eyes were just a bit brighter. "Avari, it's good to hear that." Turning to Salem "Thank you Captain."
Eldan'rythi Lorekeeper
Eldan'rythi Lorekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next