Tales from the Roaring Dragon Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beautiful On the Surface

3 posters

Go down

Beautiful On the Surface Empty Beautiful On the Surface

Post by Oolo Ironbeard Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:40 pm

The priest never mentioned anything about it, but Oolo had a fondness for sleeping indoors that was unique to his people. After centuries and centuries of stout folk living underground, a dwarf living on the surface would sometimes wake with a start when opening his eyes to the sky. It didn't seem natural or right to be without a roof over one's head. This morning was one of those, and when his heart went back in his chest, he looked arond.

He'd been staying with Violet to guard and heal her while everyone was about. The condition she'd been in couldn't be healed away with priestly magic, at least not the kind he could call forth, and so he merely hoped and prayed to Dumathoin, Tyr, and any of the less heinous powers he thought might be listening. When she wasn't in her bed one morning, he let his fears get to him, until Salem had knocked and told him all was well. He breathed a sigh of relief and prayed once more, thanking all the appropriate powers that be.

Afterwards, he arranged for his own room, to give the young lady her privacy again. As luck would have it, the smith had gotten his supplies in, and he had some work to do to contribute to the Company. When he came in each night, he smelled of smoke and steel, and he'd arrange for a bath before resting for the evening. If any wounded came into town, he made it a point to offer his blessings as he could. He'd take any such offerings came with it, within their means. No more than what they could spare, even if they insisted.

So as not to avoid his companions, he ate his dinners downstairs. This particular night, he spared no expense on dwarven ales, and his face lacked it's usual cheer.
Oolo Ironbeard
Oolo Ironbeard

Back to top Go down

Beautiful On the Surface Empty Re: Beautiful On the Surface

Post by Violet Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:46 pm

She was sitting comfortably by the fire, a fur Cape draped over her shoulders and her feet tucked under her. The poison had left her feeling cold, as if she'd never feel warmth again. But the fire was helping

On her lap was the torn remains of the clothing she had been wearing during the attack. She was hard at work dutifully mending the cuts to the best of her ability when oolo entered the inn. She watched him for a few minutes, noting the lack of cheer. Setting her sewing aside she made her way over to his table

"mind if I join you? " She asked with a plesant smile
Violet
Violet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oolo Ironbeard Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:55 pm

At her approach, a genuine smile returned. "Ah, there she is. Have a seat, then, have a seat. It's good to see ya up and about. Signing up with this company's gonna turn my beard as grey as my namesake, just out of worry."
Oolo Ironbeard
Oolo Ironbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:23 pm

Settling down in the chair across from him, she laughed heartily at his jest. Her head cocked to the side as she studied him "I think you would look good grey! Very dignified." She laughed again joyfully

"I wanted to thank you, by the way, for everything you did for me, Salem told me that you had stayed by my side the entire time I was out. I do feel very well considering how close......" she trailed off, not wanting to bring down the conversation. "but anyway, thank you very much!"

"How is everything with you?"
Violet
Violet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oolo Ironbeard Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:45 am

"Aye. But the priests at the temple of Tyr assured me you'd be well with some rest. I don't have the same sort of training as a healer that you do. Dressings and poultices and all that. Of course the Elf's servant looked down his nose at me for it before he was cut down. But my god demands I learn certain talents in my service."

Taking the last swig of his drink, he taps the table and nods, lifting a hand to order another. And whatever Violet might like. "I'll be alright. A little homesick, I suppose. I took to the road to offer my help with some of the mines near these parts, but our road hasn't taken us there abouts yet. Everyone who raises a pick says a prayer to Dumathoin."
Oolo Ironbeard
Oolo Ironbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:49 am

"well I certainly appreciate your skills, though I think you may be giving my breaking skills far too much credit."

When the bar maid came around she ordered herself some water, knowing her stomach was not yet up to handling alcohol.

"I have never actually been in a mine before... What do you usually mine for? " She leaned forward with genuine interest
Violet
Violet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oolo Ironbeard Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:36 pm

He smiles and nods towards her water. "Elven ale, eh?"

After a small chuckle he answers her question. "Well, I've mined for a,little of this and little of that over the years. My family had the biggest iron mines in the entire region back home. But joining the priesthood, I've traveled to quite a few. And Dumathoin grants us a particular spell to find any sort of jewels and precious metals that might be around."

He shakes his head. "Oh, but I'm talking your ear off. Tell me a thing or two about yourself, lass. Where'd you learn your own craft? Who taught you to be a seamstress?"
Oolo Ironbeard
Oolo Ironbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:37 pm

The was a flash of confusion as she looked down at her water then looked back up at him, but she quickly caught on and chuckled along with him. "I'm just taking it a little easy for now. Not sure if my body would be up to dinking just yet"

She listened to his story with interest, wondering what it would be like to be so deep under ground. His questions about her own past stemmed her other questions about mining. She seemed to get a little shy, ducking her head a little and giving a faint shrug

"My mother taught me. She was the most talented person I knew. Her stitches were so small and neat you would have thought they were done by magic. Her embroidery was sought out by royalty for its intricate detail and beauty. I remember laying in front of the fire watching her work for hours. My favorite was when she embroidered animals. They looked so real I would pretend they were my friends " She blushed a little at the confession
Violet
Violet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty DM Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:06 am

The companions converse a bit more, before falling into a comfortable silence over drinks and/or a meal. Afterwards, they part ways for the evening.

-=-End Scene-=-
Mighty DM
Mighty DM
Admin

https://roaringdragoninn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum